AHW Releases 2021 Annual Report
November 30, 2021, Posted by AHW Endowment
The Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin Endowment is pleased to share our 2020-2021 Annual Report, highlighting our work as we continued our 2019-2023 Five-Year Plan.
During the 2021 fiscal year, we continued our high-impact investments and initiatives, including:
- The award of nearly $11.7 million to 24 projects across three of our funding pathways, investing $2.5 million in Basic, Clinical & Translational Research, $4 million in Education & Workforce Development, and $5.2 million in Population & Community Health Studies while continuing to support 19 active projects through our Policy, Systems, and Culture Change pathway
- The award of $230,000 in new funding to support COVID-19 response while enabling 17 COVID-19 rapid response projects to successfully complete their funded work
- The continuation of the Advancing Behavioral Health Initiative, a $20 million commitment to 10 community-led coalitions and one MCW academic team that are responding to the mental and behavioral health needs of communities across Wisconsin
- The growth of the Community and Cancer Science Network as it entered its third year of a five year, $1.6 million award and launched two new projects aimed at eliminating breast and lung cancer disparities supported by $3.1 million in funding
We also continued our capacity building through:
- Continuing our AHW Technical Assistance Provider Program and Grantee Learning Events, supporting funded partners with additional technical assistance and capacitybuilding opportunities to maximize their project’s success and impact
- Joining forces with five Milwaukee-based funders and grantmakers to form the Greater Milwaukee Partnership program with Catchafire, a national organization matching skills-based virtual volunteers with nonprofit organizations to build the capacity of organizations to meet the critical needs of the communities they serve
- Launching Coffee Conversations with Scientists, a new, virtual experience developed in partnership with the Medical College of Wisconsin to bring accurate health and science information to the public
Read the full report here.